As a child growing up, I learned a valuable lesson in toxic chemicals and how they consume life.
May dad worked for the Board of Health and was responsible for eradicating mosquitoes.
As the habit of day required, DDT was broadcast over areas that had a mosquito problem.
When we had a mosquito problem at home, we treated the situation the same and that was with DDT tablets.
So on a bright summer day, my dad and I went to the creek and through in several handfuls of DDT. Once that was done, it was time to water my horse so down to the creek we went.
Pudd, my beloved horse, quenched his thirst in the flow of water and DDT. No one knew the consequence of this little action but I quickly learned that lesson even before the scientific studies. Pudd got sick several weeks later and Read the rest of this entry »