Posted on 05 May 2008 by urbangardencasual.com
By Reggie Solomon
- Urban Garden Casual welcomes Vanessa Richins to the Urban Garden Casual team.
- Amy Jeanroy at About.com’s Herb Gardening section wonders if organic potting soil is better than non-organic potting soil and sets up an experiment to determine if the results justify the price differential.
- It’s hard not to be inspired to garden in the city when you imagine its grand potential in gardens such as these – though we take a more casual approach of course.
- If you can farm on a rooftop in New York City, you can farm anywhere. We heart The Rooftop Gardening Source and this story of how the Eli Zabar’s grocery store and restaurant in Manhattan grows vegetables on their roof.
- Kathy at Skippy’s Vegetable Garden reminds us it’s perfect cool spring weather for planting yummy peas.
- Many thanks to Ray White (a.k.a., “DAD”) at Dad’s Tomato Garden Journal for the Urban Garden Casual shout out.